1. HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN BE ON A ROSTER?
There is a minimum requirement of 8 players and a maximum of 20 for all leagues except 55 and Over and 65 and Over. Those two leagues have a minimum of 6 and maximum of 16.
2. WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR A PLAYER TO REGISTER FOR A TEAM?
Players may continue to register for a team as long as the team has two regularly scheduled matches remaining on their schedule (not including rain makeup matches).
3. CAN PLAYERS BE DELETED FROM A ROSTER?
Players that have not played a match may be deleted from a roster by the League Coordinator. There will be no refund of fees paid if a player is deleted. The player should send an email to her captain or the coordinator asking to be removed.
4. CAN PLAYERS BE LISTED AS SUBS ON A TEAM ROSTER?
USTA does not have a provision to list a player as a sub. A player that wants only to sub on a team must still register like any other player. The agreement to play a person as a sub only is between the captain and the player. The "sub" DOES count toward the maximum player number for a roster.
5. IS THERE A REQUIREMENT FOR THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS ON A ROSTER THAT MUST HAVE A USTA RATING EQUAL TO THE LEVEL OF THE TEAM THEY ARE PLAYING ON.
If a league has more than two teams playing, there is no minimum number of players that must have the same rating as the division they are playing in. If there is a two team league, 40% of the players must have the rating equivelant of the team they are playing on.
6. IF A PLAYER HASN'T PLAYED AT LEAST TWO MATCHES IN ONE USTA LEAGUE DURING THE LAST THREE YEARS OR DID NOT PLAY AT ALL DO THEY HAVE TO SELF RATE?
7. IF A PLAYER THAT HAS AN EXPIRED USTA RATING (MORE THAN 3 YEARS OLD) CAN THEY SELF RATE AT ANY LEVEL?
No. A player with an expired rating must self rate at the same level or higher than their last USTA rating. After self-rating, they may appeal that rating to attempt to move to a lower level.